We collect and use personal information generally to provide services for our clients and for the following purposes:
- To assist us in providing services pertaining to the preparation of your financial statements;
- For the preparation of your taxation and other returns as required for various governmental and other regulatory purposes.
- To advise you on personal financial planning, business and succession planning, valuation and other business and personal advisory services.
- To understand your needs and determine the suitability of other services we may be able to offer to you.
- To inform you though our Email Subscription program about our business services.
We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent. By providing us with your personal information for the purposes listed above, you consent to our collection and use of the information for those purposes. With respect to personal information that you provide for the preparation of your taxation and other returns, you consent to our transmitting such personal information to the appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities.
If we wish to collect your personal information for purposes other than as stated above, we may request that you consent, verbally or in writing to such collection. Similarly, if we wish to use personal information that we have already collected for a purpose other than as stated above, we will seek your consent to such use.
You have the right to refuse or withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. In some cases, such refusal or withdrawal may prohibit or adversely effect the completion of our professional engagement. We will advise you if that is the case.
In some limited circumstances, the law may require that we release personal information to regulatory bodies, governmental authorities and/or our professional organizations. We will notify you of any such required disclosures and provide you with the reason that obligates us to release the personal information.
RETENTION, ACCURACY AND SAFEGUARDING:
In order to preserve the information for governmental and professional purposes, and to serve you better, we will retain and safeguard your information for as long as we determine is necessary, even if you are no longer a client.
We will use appropriate technologies, and maintain high security standards to ensure the protection of your information. While we do employ up to date technology to protect your personal information when it is transmitted electronically, you should be aware that no electronic transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
You may, upon written request, review your personal information and request corrections if necessary. We are committed to maintaining accurate information, and urge you to notify us promptly of any changes in your personal information.
We understand that, in the course of delivering our services, you may disclose to us personal information that you have collected regarding your employees, customers and other parties. We assure and commit to you that this information will be kept private and confidential and will not be released to any third party (other than as may be required by law) unless we first obtain consent.
At Integrated Financial & Management Solutions Inc o/a DisabilityRefunds, we recognize that your privacy is critical. This Policy sets out the types of information we collect, what we do with this information, and what your rights are.
We may modify this Policy from time to time, and will notify you by posting the modified Policy at http://www.DisabilityRefunds.com/privacy-policy.html and changing the effective date at the top. We encourage you to check this web page periodically for any changes to the Policy. In addition, you may request a written copy of the most recent version of the Policy at any time by contacting our Privacy Contact.
By signing an agreement with us, using our web site, or otherwise engaging or participating in our services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by this Policy, as it may be modified from time to time.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect such types of information as we reasonably require for the purposes set out in this Policy, for other reasonable purposes, and as may be required by law. These may include the following:
- Contact and Personal Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and Social Insurance Number.
- Financial Information that you provide to us or that we obtain from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or provincial agencies.
- Medical Information that you provide to us or that we obtain from a health professional that you have authorized us to deal with.
- Credit Card Information that you provide to us.
- Technical Information that we gather during your use of our web site, such as your IP address, browser language, and other information relating to your navigation of our web site.
We retain this information only for as long as is necessary or relevant for the purposes set out in this Policy or as may be required by law.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use the information we collect to provide our services, to bill and collect our fees, and to provide marketing materials to you relating to our services. From time to time, we may provide you with marketing materials relating to services offered by third parties, but we will not disclose any of your information to such parties except as explicitly set out in this Policy.
WHO MAY WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO?
Except as set out in this Policy, we will never disclose any information to a third party without your consent, unless we are required or authorized to do so by law. We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- To the primary contact or the disabled individual with respect to the client file that relates to you.
- To health practitioners that you have authorized us to deal with, in connection with the provision of our services.
- To CRA or provincial agencies, in connection with the provision of our services.
- To service providers that we may retain from time to time, such as data backup or credit card processing providers, provided that in such cases we will only disclose such information as is necessary for the performance of such services, and will ensure that such providers are bound by appropriate privacy standards.
- To collect amounts owing to us.
- In the event of a sale or transfer of our business.
- If the information is already publicly known.
We may also disclose aggregated information that is compiled using your personal information, but does not identify you individually.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We protect your information from loss, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure by:
- Employing appropriate security measures with respect to our premises.
- Employing appropriate security measures with respect to our information technology systems, such as passwords, firewalls, and other measures.
- Restricting access to your information to those of our employees and consultants who require it in connection with the uses set out in this Policy, and logging our employees’ accessing of your information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may contact our Privacy Contact to request access to your information in order to verify and, if necessary, correct it. We will provide you with such access unless we are required or permitted by law to refrain from doing so, and may charge a nominal fee in connection with certain requests.
You may refuse to provide information to us or, on reasonable notice, withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your information, unless such information is required in order to provide our services or is required by law.
We invite you to contact our Privacy Contact with any questions or concerns you may have with respect to your information or this Policy.
OTHER WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Our web site contains links to other web sites. By clicking on a link to another web site, you will be directed off our web site and onto such other web site. In addition, we may permit third parties, to offer certain services through our web site. We cannot be, and are not, responsible for the privacy policies of any web site other than our own, or of any third party to whom you provide information through our web site. Accordingly, you should ensure that you have read and understood the privacy policies of any such web sites or third parties prior to entering another web site or providing information to a third party via our web site.
Our Privacy Contact can be reached as follows:
Mail: Integrated Financial & Management Solutions Inc.
Suite 203 – 1648 Victoria Park Ave
Toronto, ON, M1R 1P7
Attention: Privacy Contact
Phone: 1855 786 4786